23 Days Left......Great Karaoke Night and a Special Experience

Elder Welling working with an Israel member - Karaoke Night.

                                                                                   
Elder Welling leading Karaoke Night for Israel members-great evening!

Monday
January 6, 2014

Hey Family and Friends,

This last week has been good. I got my new companion on Tuesday morning. I came to Colombia with him. His name is Elder Ramirez from Peru, we get along well and are having a lot of fun together. Things are going well.

This week was good we found about 11 new people, and had a good week of teaching and stuff. But then at the end of the week, only three people came to church, so it wasn't as great as we had hoped.

For New Years we went to a members house and made tamales, they turned out pretty good, especially the one I did :) It was great!! We also had a Karaoke Night. It was awesome, we are trying to help get the members excited here in Israel, I think they weren't as happy before, but now are starting to warm up to us and helping us out, it's awesome. Things are going well.

Yesterday we went with some members to visit some members who haven't been able to go to church for a while, thanks to their age. It was awesome to go to one man's house. He said we were an answer to his prayers, and that us being there in his house made him feel really happy. He was starting to cry and just bore his testimony. It was super awesome!

I love knowing that God uses me to answer peoples prayers. It is great. It was a really emotional meeting with this older man. Everyone was crying, and we said we would pick him up on Sunday to go to church with him. So things here are great, family! I am having a blast, and trying to work as hard as I can these next couple weeks I have left. I am doing great.

Love you all and miss ya'll....but not too much. haha..cuz I'll see you soon! 
--
Elder WellingMisión Cali Colombia

No comments:

Post a Comment