Hello Ipiales, I Love My Mission!


Elder Welling wore out his shoes in Buenaventura:)
Monday
January 21, 2-13    

Hey Family and Friends, 

How are you all doing? I am in an internet shop writing on a laptop. Which is sweet. But this week was great. We had a week of finding people through the members. Called Si o Siembra (planting and harvesting). It was great. We all had compromisos (an agreement) with the Branch (members here), and they helped us out a lot. We only found 15 people, but we completed our promise and it was great. Almost all of the zone  completed their compromisos (agreements), but one area fell short bye 2. 

As of right now we are doing great as a zone. I think we will win in February, but who knows. We are teaching a lot of people who live together, but aren't married yet, which is kinda hard. We are also teaching a family that is just great. I hope we can help them all out. They are kinda on the lower half of the money side and are really special. We found them asking a member if we could talk to their neighbors. So it went great. 


Andes Mountains near Ipiales


This past Sunday we had 11 investigators at church, and everything is going well. Trying to think of better ways to change the attitude of the rama (Branch, church group) here in Ipiales. The members don't help out too much, and are kinda scared to talk to the investigators when they come to church. Also, there are a lot of menos activos (members that don't come to church very much)  and this rama (Branch) hasn't been very good the past couple months when it comes to fellowshipping them or baptizing. Hopefully I can do something to change that around. 

Today we played soccer against Pasto (city north of Ipiales) and won. Was great. I wore a Utah shirt that I found in my suitcase that says Burton 27 on the back.........was cool. haha thanks Belnap. Never saw it for 3 months. hah 

Hope you all are doing well. I am doing great here in Ipiales and loving it. My companion is chill. From Bolivia and yea. idk what more to say. But things are great. 

Love you all and miss you....BTW, I was sooo happy this morning...WHOSE GOT IT BETTER THAN US!!! NOBODYYYYYY!!!!!  (awesome 49ers!)..

-- 
Elder Tyler Welling

No comments:

Post a Comment