Buenaventura....Best Time of My Life!

Elder Welling with his Buenaventura Family, Missionaries, Pres. and Sis. Prince-Open House

Elder Welling with his Buenaventura Branch Pres. Sarmiento Family and Missionaries

Monday, January 14, 2013

Hello Family
 and Friends,So I will start from Monday Night. I got the call at 9:20pm that I was leaving, and going to Ipiales as Zone Leader. So I was happy, because am going to a colder climate and everything, which is cool. Also, because have the opportunity to lead the other missionariehere. That should be great. 

SO on Tuesday. I just ran around BV saying bye to families and everything. I went to Maryams and Joses house at 3pm, and stayed there till 4:30pm. and holy crap. Talk about a hard Goodbye. I was crying a ton and so was Maryams and Jose. Really hard to Leave that City. All of the memories had with them and everything. I just don't think I will have an experience like that again. It was really special. 

S
o then I bounced. Said bye to another member of the ward in BV who gave me a pic of me and Belnap, Nasly and Fernando. SO that was great. Then went to Cali in the car crying for about 2 hours.

T
hen got focused on my next responsibility, which is in Ipiales. I saw some of the other ZL's Elder Jensen and Menendez and others, which was sweet. Then woke up at 4am Wednesday morning to get on the bus at 6am to go to Ipiales. The bus ride was 10 hours to Pasto, then another 2 hours to Ipiales. IT sucked!!! So slow. I don't think you could go faster than 50mph the whole ride, because it is just filled with turns, decents and ascending and everything. SO terrible. But awesome too. 

SO I finally got here in Ipiales at 8pm Wednesday night, and my comp is named Elder CXalle from Bolivia. Seems cool. He is the only member of his family who is a member, and his little bro too, I think. So that is cool. He is pretty cool. 

But yeah. We worked hard this week and had a great time. I feel kinda weird here in Ipiales. I think it is just cause I kinda miss BV, but that is to be expected. Things will only get better. That is my message for this week. 

Love you all and miss you all. Elder Welling.  


-- 
Elder Tyler Welling
                             

No comments:

Post a Comment