Last Time....EVER...Last Pday EVER!!!!

Monday
January 20, 2014

Elder Welling on his very last Mission Pday in Israel with his great comps!
 Hi Family and Friends,

I'm sitting here in the internet store hearing salsa music in the street, and I can't help but think this is my last time writing everyone as a missionary. I can't believe these two years are over. In this email I will reflect on what has happened.


I started the mission super scared on January 18th 2012. I was received by a great friend in the MTC who was standing there to greet me and walk me in. I consider him to have been an angel. Looking back I can't believe it has been two years. After a great time in the MTC I got to Colombia. I was received by the best mission president and mission mom in the world, Pres Prince and Hermana Prince. Also, I was received by the best AP, Elder Belnap.

I had a great time in my first area, Although the mission seemed super slow at first. I was excited and also scared to be there for 2 years, that's a long time. The Family Briñez helped me a ton and were like family, and huge angels in my life. I will always remember them and be grateful always.

After my first area in Cali, I went to the best new area in the world, Buenaventura, with Elder Belnap. That was the best 3 months of my mission. I learned so much and got an awesome friend through it, Love you Belnap. I learned a ton in BV. But more than anything, I learned how to truly communicate with God. My prayers changed and so did my mission. I tried to become the best I could be.

Later, after a heart-wrenching despedida with Jose and Maryam (my BV angels and Colombian Family), I went to Ipiales, where I tried to change the limits of what could happen in missionary work. I loved it there, and had some really great times with great family and another great companion, Elder Rivadeneira.

Then, I got called by President Prince, finished special baptisms in Ipiales, and went to the Mission Office to serve for the next several months. There I learned a ton serving with Elder Menendez, and especially with President Prince. He taught me so much, and I just tried to analyze him and be like him. I love President Prince.

And then, my last change. I went to an area in Cali called Israel where I am now. I have learned a lot about perseverance here, working my tail off till the end of my awesome mission, keeping my prayers strong and fighting through the challenges we have faced here in Israel.                                      


But, as I sit here, I can't stop thinking and knowing that God exists, He is our Father, He loves us and wants us to be good and happy in this life. I know I have come closer to Him, and I have felt His love for me throughout my mission. I have also learned that this is His Church. I also know that it was restored through Josepsh Smith, His Profet...spanglish...I Know that the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints is True, I love it.

I will try my hardest to always be good, to always help others, and more than anything, to always be a missionary. The work isn't over yet. I love it. I love Colombia. I love you all. 


Elder Welling. 
-- Elder Welling 
   Misión Cali Colombia

No comments:

Post a Comment